Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Fly high...

This card is inspired by the sketch from CAS(E) This Sketch ! Challenge #35, colors from Color Q #197 and theme from CASology Week 52- NEON. Here's my card...



I decided to create kites to represent my sentiment with one large focal kite and the rest smaller indicating the far background to match up with the sketch. I printed the sentiment using MS word.Then hand drew the kites and colored them using the challenge colors at Color Q. I used my Neon Sharpie Markers to do the coloring to meet the NEON theme. I then fuzzy cut each. 
While I was arranging my pieces together on card base, I felt something is missing, then the thinking began..... I am still thinking... still thinking....finally gave up and turned to my husband for a suggestion and guess what he gave the purrfect idea! said make a tree in the background :D
Though I did not make the entire tree I still hand drew tree branch in the background of focal image to create a more realistic look. I am so glad I asked him for a suggestion, it makes my card look complete ;) 
All the elements were then stuck using foam dots.

The challenges are -




Thank you for stopping by :)

14 comments:

  1. Wonderful card Deepti ! Loved the cute hand-drawn kites ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these kites, Deepti! I agree...your hubby's suggestion was perfect for grounding things! :)
    Thanks for joining us again over at CASology!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card, Deepti, I love your kites! Thanks for sharing your card with us this week at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Deepti, love those kites blowing about, very cute! Thank you so much for joining in at CASology this week

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dee your kites are vibrant and fantastic! Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deepti,

    Love the boldness of your designs, I seriously loved your Pinterest card too, so much! And your HOC Top pick, (hand drawing your images... wow) well deserved. Oh, I will go and comment on each of those posts, but you can see how your work is on my mind!

    Thanks for joining us in the FUN at CASology this week -looking forward to it again!

    Always a pleasure, Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another stunner, Deepti! I love the contrast of the sweet kites and the bare tree branch. And the bright colours are fabulous! Thanks for playing along with CASology and CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Deepti, love your card, great take on the challenges. Love your hand drawn elements and colors. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful card! And I love your hand drawn kites and tree!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great use of those bold pops of colour! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, great take on all the challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is adorable Deepti..love the neon Kite on your card great idea to use the sketch...clever...


    I just join the challenge on CASOLOGY too and my card is number 80...would be glad if you could come and see on my blog and leave me some love....big hugs..Monika

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome card! Fabulous combination of challenges too. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete