Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Spellbinders - Holiday Die D-Lites !

Hello friends! I am back with more Spellbinders goodness :) We all love Holidays season and now is the perfect time to build up your holiday greeting collection. Thank you Spellbinders for sending these goodies to help me kick start my holiday cards. Today I have the newest Holiday D-Lites collection to showcase and I have created a couple of cards using DIE D-LITES SNOWFLAKES ETCHED DIES 2018 HOLIDAY collection.

Let me show you the cards, I created... I wanted my snowflakes to shine so I die cut these using silver glitter card stock. For my first card I kept the tones neutral to make the snowflakes the star of the card. 
To make this I took a grey card stock panel and embossed it with snowflakes. twice along the opposite edges. I also die cut some flourish using the Spellbinders Large Die of the month - Aug 2018 in white card stock. I then arranged it on white base as seen. I added some pearls for embellishment and silver heat embossed sentiment to finish my card. I also scored lines on card base for the lower edge.

My second card is more on the bright side. Making glitter paper the star.
To make this I took three colors of glitter paper and cut out stripes of varying thickness from each. I then adhered them on a panel diagonally. Once this was done, I embossed the snowflake. Here is the fun trick... I embossed and then place the silver die cut snowflakes in the embossed areas to give an inlaid look without actually inlaying it. In laid die cutting would have been really time taking for this one :D To finish I added this panel over a sliver strip at the base. Stamped the sentiment on vellum, added silver sequins to finish the card.

These are the products, I used Die D-Lites Snowflakes. Large Die of the month club kit - Aug 2018 and sentiment from CAS-ual Friday's Stamps ...

Die D-Lites Snowflakes Etched Dies 2018 Holiday Large Die of the Month Membership
Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you liked my creations, stay tunes as I will be back with more inspiration using another one of the Holiday Die D- Lites set :) 

3 comments: