Thursday, July 18, 2013

Go nautical...

This card is dedicated to my love for seas and oceans. I love enjoying the waves at the beach though the situation is... we don't have an ocean here in Cleveland :( My husband, just to suffice my desire to be by the sea took me to this beach of Lake Erie and to my surprise... it was amazing. Though the waves were not as strong as that of a sea but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I love him for being so thoughtful and doing these little things to make me happy :) So, this card is for him :)



Anyways, let's move on to my card. I will be playing this for the following four challenges.

Curtain call is up with it's first challenge and I had to participate in it :) So to make this card, I hand drew, colored and cut the anchors (yeah! I don't have any anchor stamp plus I love to add my hand drawn image), then I used my sizzix circle dies to cut out a life saver and colored it. The sentiment and leaf are from Paper smooches Freebies which were printed and cut and colored with pencil color respectively. On the card base I stamped chevron stripes using CAS-ual Friday's Zig-zag stamp set with Memento Dew drop Dye inks. I then added eyelets on the card base to hang my anchors. Finally, stuck all the elements using foam dots and glue stick. 

Hope you like my card and thank you for stopping by :)

22 comments:

  1. fabulous card Deepti :) I love your little anchor's , are they Paper smooches? fabulous creation!! thanks for following me :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for ur comment :) these anchors are hand drawn by me :)

      Delete
  2. ps .. just followed you too so I can keep up dated with your new posts :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonferful card Deepti ! loved the anchors and wonderful idea of eyelets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Deepti :-) all the details are fabulous and I love those anchors ! :-) I am sure your hubby will love this :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dee, I am such a fan of your designs. This is perfect. I love the layout and your perfectly stamped and colored images. It's wonderful and I'm so happy you joined our first challenge at the Curtain Call!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the chevrons and the use of the eyelets! Darling nautical card! Thanks so much for joining us at the Curtain Call :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow I love the fact you hand drew these anchors-that is some talent! The whole card is fab, lots of detail but still CAS! Thanks for joining us at ATSM x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card - love your colors - fits the nautical theme so perfectly. I though your anchors were fussy cut stamps - nice job. Thanks for joining us this week at ATS&M.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome card and those anchors are hand drawn? Awesome!! Thanks for playing along with us over at the Curtain Call!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a great take on the Curtain Call challenge! love all the fun elements that you added to your card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, the color combo is perfect for this such of card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card. Love the anchors hanging on the hemp and the chevron stripes. Great use of the colors from the inspiration photo. Thank you for playing along with us at The Cirtain Call Inspiration Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Deepti. Fabulous card. I love the fresh seaside feel. Your hand drawn anchors are amazing. Thanks for joining the fun at ATSM. Good Luck! Monika

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW, your card is amazing! Hand drawn anchors?:) Thanks so much for playing along with the Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those anchors (impressed at the effort you went to there!) and the little eyelets are just fabulous! I love this card :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Deepti! That's really a great card and thank you so much for joining us at ATSM. Good luck.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Perfectly nautical. Great combo of elements on this one! Thanks for playing along with us in the By the Sea Challenge over at the Wednesday Challenge Blog at Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OHHHHHHH! I just love the way you've used those eyelets and floss for those anchors! FAB use of these colors:) Thanks so much for joining in the fun with the Paper Smooches SPARKS team-- hope you play along this week with the Picture Perfect challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful Nautical card! Love the great CAS design! Thanks so much for joining us at the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This has such a cute mix of nautical elements and stripes! You did an amazing job drawing those little anchors, too. Thanks for joining us for the first Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge!

    ReplyDelete