Friday, August 2, 2013

Love for the life under the sea ...

Yesterday, I was watching Nat Geo and I saw the beautiful life under the sea in some episode. The colors of water, the sea plants and sea animals... it was all so beautiful that I had to make a card on that and colors at Color Q challenge #200 were just perfect to create the scene I had in my mind. Secondly, I had to decide on a sketch and while surfing through various challenges I came across Fusion challenge #14 and bingo!!! I can create a fusion card :) So her's my card ...

I wanted to give a look where sea plants are in the fore front and sea water is seen in the background. To make this card, I first drew a vertical rectangular panel with hand drawn leaves on lower edge and then cut this out from my card base using a craft knife. They were then inked. Next I took another piece of white card stock to go behind the frame and form the sea. I did sponging to create an ombre effect of the sea using my Memento Dew Drop inks. This panel was stuck from behind on the frame which was already cut out. Rest I hand drew the sea animals, fuzzy cut and colored them. All the elements were stuck on the panel and a few pearls were added as accents :) and sentiment (from My Mind's eye collection) was stamped on a vellum strip and stuck.

The challenge images are -


Thank you for stopping by :)

18 comments:

  1. One more Fab card from you Deepti..I loved the sponged sea water and ofcourse your cute hand drawn images..You rock at makind CAS cards....congrats for being a dynamic darling..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my!!! This is RIGHT up my BOLDNESS Alley!!

    Love it, love it, oh I need me some vellum!

    PR your comments on my blog made me smile so big, had after rather not good day too. Your comments reminded me to call my bestie, and I did and we set a time to hang out.. Thanks Deepti!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Dee! Love the dimension and the colors. Great use of vellum and those pearls...perfect for an under the sea card! Love this. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card Deepti! Your colours are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely underwater scene Deepti, the colours are gorgeous :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colours Deepti & FABULOUS interpretation of the sketch! So glad you joined in the fun @ FUSION!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Deepti! so luminous!!
    Thank You~

    ReplyDelete
  8. You make the most amazing cards, deepti! This one is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, my golly, Deepti!!! This is SO striking, but so lovely at the same time! Those pearls are the perfect embellishments, too! You left the sweetest comment on my blog awhile ago. Don't remember if I commented before now or not, but I just loved my visit and all your gorgeous and creative projects...such beautiful use of color! Thanks for adding this beauty to the FUSION inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Deepti, seriously want to know the Dew Drop secret magical colors you used, this is just so wondrous of the sea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty card, Deepti, your background is lovely! Thanks for sharing your card with us at the colourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fabulous....what a great Fusion creation..super sketch & theme! Thanks for playing with the CQC colors and sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this is fabulous, love the underwater scene you've made.

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.

    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh, I love this underwater scene! It's so tranquil and the colours are just stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I adore the combo of colours you've used in your card. It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  16. CONGRATS Deepti, I saw this coming!!! BOLD and soft and lovely!!

    PS what colors did you use for this I have been sponging and am dying to know!!!

    -Huz Kimberly

    PS Have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Kimberly :) I have used Memento Dew drop dye inks, I use multiple layers while coloring and sometimes mix colors on sponge dauber before inking to get a desired shade :)

      Hope this helps :)

      Delete