Saturday, February 14, 2015

ATCAS #57 - MASK

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!
Hope you are having an amazing day with your loved ones :)
We are back with a new challenge at Addicted to CAS . This time the host of the challenge is fabulous Harriet and she has chosen the code word... MASK. Possibilities are endless, you can work with the literal word and use a mask in you creation or you can do a very popular technique of masking . I would also like to welcome our Guest Designer Ellen Parker of "In a world of craft"! You will love the beauty she created :) Check out more of her creations HERE
Our winner will win a $20 Gift voucher from our amazing sponsor Inspired by Stamping  

Inspired by Stamping
I went with the masking in my case. Here's my card...
To make this card, I took a white card stock panel and stamped the sentiment, the little boy and cherry on cupcake, masked them and stamped the cupcake. Next I colored these with markers. I also added an inlaid panel of die cut patterned paper for some interest and yet keeping it one layer. I am sharing this at A Blog Named Hero - Small scaleOne Layer Simplicity challenge #13 - You blend and Addicted to Stamps & More #131 - Anything Goes!

Our DT has come up with some amazing projects this week. Pop over to our ATCAS challenge blog here and take a peek. I am looking forward to the challenge this fortnight and am very excited to visit your blogs.


I am not done yet! I am adding this card to a previously written post, I created this card for my husband :D yesterday and I had to share it. This again used Mama Elephant goodness...
I did masking to stamp the little girl and the boy in Archival black ink, and did some water coloring on them. There dresses are paper pieced using a news print patterned paper. I am sharing this at CAS(E) this sketch #110, CASology Week 133 - Love and Color Q #279
  

Have fun in creating CAS card :) and thank you for visiting my blog.


Supplies used -  Card 1 -Stamps: Mama Elephant - Carnival  cupcakes, Carnival Toppers and In my heart; Dies - Pretty Pink Posh - Stitched border 1; Ink - Memento Tuxedo black; Spectrum Noir Markers; PPP Marshmallow sequins; Patterned paper - AC Amy Tangerine - Plus one
Card 2 - Stamps Mama Elephant In my heart; Inks - Archival black, Distress Barn door; Patterned paper - AC DIY Shop

48 comments:

  1. Loving him holding that BIG cupcake, you are so clever Deepti!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your cards. They always have wonderful colors. Beautiful masked silhouette of a boy, so we have a beautiful cookie. With you can be more:-)
    Regards,
    Bozena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two absolutely adorable cards, Deepti! I love how you masked your images on the first one and your paper piecing on the 2nd card is fabulous! It looks like you're having a blast with your new Mama Elephant goodies :)
    I hope you have a Happy Valentine's Day with your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Deepti both of these cards are just the cutest! That first one makes me think of the expression carrying the world on your shoulders only it is a cupcake - not a bad thing!! Your masking on both cards is perfectly done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both are wonderful once again! Great job on the masking and love the sentiment on the first card.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deepti, that is one fabulous looking cupcake and fabulous coloring, too. Thanks for making me smile :-)
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two super cards. Your stamp layering is fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so CUTE!! Love them both Deepti!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two fabulous cards, perfect examples of the masking technique. I especially love the fresh yellows and blues on the first one.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable! These images are so sweet and I love the way you've used them with the masking. Super cute, Deepti!! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are both wonderful cards. I'm sure your husband loved his Valentine and his newsprint outfit. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What fun is that first card and so correct. Holding a cupcake makes me happy! And your Valentine is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are just so sweet Deepti - I love how you've incorporated the newsprint into the clothes on the second...so clever! Thanks for playing along at Colour Q this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love both of these cards! Amazing work once again! <3
    Happy Valentine's, my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous cards Deepti - I love them both:) hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE both your cards, Deepti! What awesome masking and the colours just pop off the cards! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a sweet and clever card! And so true, you really can't be sad when holding a cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Two really sweet cards Dee, Love how you built up your image with the cupcake and the paper piecing on the second.
    Hope you had a romantic evening with your hubby, mines got man 'flu!
    Thanks for joining us again at ATSM this week. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super fun, striking and totally gorgeous card x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love these kids, that second card is my favorite, love the boldness of the background and how they are positioned!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your first card is so adorable! Love the sweet colors. And that second card just has so many perfect elements. Love the spreading, fading tiny hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  22. That little boy and cup cake uuiiiii soo soo cuutee and great masking Deepti
    and the second one woooow so magicaly red and I love the clothes of that little boy and girl using newspaper pattern paper..cute cute cuteeeee...

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm back with my official hat on!! Love your card for the ColourQ, such a fabulous background! So happy you could join us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Deepti... always wonderful treats awaiting us on your blog... your cards are darling! I love the card you've made using our CTS sketch, and those darling little newsprint clothes! Thanks for playing cards with us this week!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  25. Super cute cards Dee. Especially love the second with the red water colored background. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Both of these cards are super adorable!! I love the little guy holding that huge cupcake!! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Addicted to Stamps & More! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-DT member

    ReplyDelete
  27. OMGoodness!! These are both adorable!! The second one with the watercoloring is SO fabulous!! And the top one with the bright yellow is darling!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. These are both scrumptious, Deepti, they can't fail to make you smile. And I love your blue/yellow combo. Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM this week, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Cute card Deepti, love those newsprint overalls! Thanks so much for playing with us at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is just so sweet. Thank you so much for playing along with us at ColourQ, hope to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh, I love both of these, Deepti!!!! So cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. So cute and so beautiful. So so sweet too!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Sweet sweet cards Deepti. Love them.. <3

    ReplyDelete
  34. You have used the sketch in a creative and fabulous way Deepti!
    Thanks for joining us at CTS!

    ReplyDelete
  35. aww these are so sweet.. really love that second one.. all that red is perfect

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh, these are so sweet! I especially love the second one -- wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Such a sweet cupcake card, Deepti. Love the inlaid bottom too. ME makes the cutest stamps, and I love how you've used them. Your second one...Love it! Perfect Valentine for your DH. Great background too. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  38. Aww.....this is so Adorable Deepti!!! They are so super CUTE <3 Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Wow--you always amaze me, Deepti! I love your cards--absolutely perfect masking!

    ReplyDelete
  40. So adorable, Deepti ... both of them! The little guy holding the cupcake is so cute ... and I love that stitched inlaid border! The watercoloured background on your St Valentine card is fantastic ... such a sweet card! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Deepti, your OLS challenge card is fabulous! The inlay is so much fun, and the sequins provide a subtle and fun way to unite the design. Bravo!!! And your Valentine is too, too cute!!! Thanks for sharing with us at the One-Layer Simplicity Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Simply Deepti. D variety of cards and idea. Such a treat.

    ReplyDelete