Sunday, July 31, 2016

Guest Designer at Paru's card making challenge

I am super excited to be the Guest Designer for Paru's Card making challenge :) Her challenges are fun to play and run from 1 to 25th of each month :) So you will have plenty of time to play along.

The Story board for this month is FAMILY
 
There are also prizes to be won and I am also super excited to be one of the Sponsor's. I am giving away the Anchored Stamp set from my Stamp line Dee's Artsy Impressions :) Here is a look into the set...



The other sponsor for this challenge is Peek-a-boo designs :)


I decided to make the card and a tag from the same stamp set coz it works beautifully with the theme.
Here's a look into my card and tag...
I wanted to make a coordinating tag for my card :)
Here is how I made my card, I embossed the images on a water color card stock and the watercolored the background in shades of blue using Gansai tambi water colors. To finish the card I added a die cut heart from my stash.
To make my tag I diecut two tags, on the front tag, I attached a stripes patterned paper and a string of diecut hearts (from Mama Elephant). I then stamped the anchor and sentiment, colored it with Prisma color pencils :)
It was fun making and coloring these cards. I did both of my favorite things, watercoloring and Prisma pencil coloring :) Here is a closeup...

Lastly, I want to thank Paru for having me over :) I am excited to see what everyone comes up with.
Don't forget to play along, HERE.

Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment :)

10 comments:

  1. I love nautical things and your card/tag set are marvelous! I like the shape of the tag and the background on your card is beautiful!! Hope you're doing well sweet friend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Stunning tag and card Dee! Love them both and your stamp set is gorgeous! I wish I had more time lately to be able to join challenges :( I'll definitely keep this one in mind since the theme is great.
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card & tag! The water-coloring is simply amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE both the card and tag! Espcially the water colored background!! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a stunning card and tag! Love that deep blue background sky you created , Dee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card and tag. Love the anchor image and sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your new stamp set, and on your Guest Designer spot! I love how you created what looks like a stormy sea on your card, and your crisp, CAS design on your tag is beautiful, Deepti!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that watery blue background!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that blue. Fabulous watercoloring.

    ReplyDelete