Friday, September 13, 2013

Lynn Hayes - Fascinating Friday's Featured Artist

Fascinating Friday's at Paperie Designs' Studio is back with yet another fantastic artist... This time our featured artist is Lynn Hayes of Creative Crafts by Lynn , I am sure you all are aware of her excellence in creativity and fun elements in her cards. So, I thought it was time to know her a little more :) Please check out the link here Creative Crafts to get an insight into her life and her creative journey :)

Now to my card, inspired by the colors at Color Q #206, sketch at CAS Colors and Sketches #42, embossing at Simon Says Stamp challenge - Emboss it and use of markers at Addicted to stamps and more - Make ur Mark... I came up with this card
To make this I drew horizontal lines with a pencil and a scale and colored them with my Sharpie markers (yeah.. I like Sharpie a lot). The butterflies (from Martha Stewart)were stamped and there opposite side was used to color them in one shade (coz, I don't have the butterfly die set ). The upper half of the card was embossed (with Brick embossing folder from Darice). Finally, butterflies were stuck one over the other with glue dots and foam dots. Sentiment (from Paper Sweeties - you make me smile) was stamped and pearls were added to finish the card :)

The challenges are -
1. Color Q #206
2. CAS Colors and Sketches #42
3. Simon Says Stamp challenge - Emboss it 

4. Addicted to stamps and more - Make ur Mark

Thank you visiting and leaving me a comment :)

22 comments:

  1. What a pretty card Deepti! I like the brick embossing and your layered butterflies! I see we're neighbors, I'm in Ohio too!! So happy you could join us at the ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous, Deepti! The colors and lines are so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so pretty! i love the embossed pattern...the overall effect is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks again Deepti!

    Love this beautiful card. The butterfly is simply gorgeous and don't think you'd ever need any kind of die! Pretty, just as is! Love the coloring with the Sharpies too! Fantastic!!!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful card Deepti, love your layered butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another gorgeous design, Deepti!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful use of the colors and design. love it, Deepti!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome use of the partial embossing folder! I love seeing your creations -- seriously - YOU ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply lovely!Found your blog via Lynn's page! So glad I did.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your butterfly, Deepti - thanks for linking up at 52 Card Pickup!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful Deepti! I love the bright colours and the butterfly! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fun card! The colors you've used are great and I love this layout, I'll want to have a go with myself too. Thanks for joining us at ATSM this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A great take on our challenge this week at CC&S, it's a very pretty card thanks for joining in - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card, I would never have though you used Sharpie markers, looks wonderful and love all the layers of the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another amazing card, Deepti! I love your whimsical layered butterfly, fun colors, and how you embossed the top section of your card...it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another beautiful card Deepti! I love how you used the colors. The layers on your butterfly are wonderful too! Thanks for playing again at ATSM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful CAS and I absolutely love it.

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.

    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a bright and cheery card, Deepti! I love the embossed background and the butterfly! thanks for sharing your card with us at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The butterfly is fabulous against the boldly colored stripes! The embossing looks great, too. Thanks for joining us again this week at CAS - Colours and Sketches! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card with so many interesting touches. Love the texture.

    ReplyDelete