Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Struck by an arrow ;)

First I want to thank ATCAS Challenge Blog for picking me up along with all the lovely ladies in their Wall of Fame :) I am so honored and thankful to them :) 

So, when I saw the cue card Arrow at CASology Week -62, I wanted to go with a more graphic and modern approach, I guess that's what the word ARROW shouts at me... but at the same time it also shouts heart which is the more traditional approach to arrows :) So, what I did finally was to create two cards, yeah I did do that. To make these cards, I have used stamps, dies and also few of my handmade paper stencils. I know you must be thinking how weird is that but the fact is I like freedom in my creations and adding my elements does exactly that :D
So for my first card, I inked the color splat stencil, then masked it to do the rest. I then used the circle stencil to ink it with blue and green colors. Rest I did some stamping using the Arrows and Punctuation - Scrappy Cat stamps and Inkadinkadoo - Dots and Flourishes stamps. Finally, I hand drew and colored my arrow and pushed the tip into the color splat by making a small cut. The rest of the arrow was stuck using foam dots. Here's a peek into my stencils :)
This was hand drawn and cut with Exacto knife
This was made using Sizzix Circle dies
Now my second card was inspired by the traditional concept of an arrow and I was also inspired by the Colors at 10 Min Crafts Dash #26. I thought with my splat stencil ready, I can make another card within 10 mins and I did ;) It took me 8 min and 43 sec.
To make it, I used my Nestabilities heart dies to cut out the heart from red card stock, the little hearts were stamped using Studio G-iClear stamp set on red card stock and then fuzzy cut. The dots were punched out using my paper punch. The arrow was hand drawn and cut on gray card stock. Rest, I inked the color splat stencil, addes the heart over it using foam dots. Inserted the arrow into the heart by making a slight slit. Stuck the rest of the hearts and dots. Stamped the sentiment from Studio G Stamp set :)

I will play both my cards for CASology Week 62 - ARROW and my second card at 10 min Craft Dash #26 


Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment :)

26 comments:

  1. The handmade stencils really worked in your cards! Love them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. of course you have not one, but two absolutely gorgeous cards!! the fact that you finished the one in less than 10 minutes has me shaking my head in amazement!! so happy to see you playing along with CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab cards Deepti! Your stencils are awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are great and love the look of the arrow! Love how you handmade those stencils - of course they're perfect!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic cards Deepti, TFS the pics of your stencils too, I admire your drawing skills but also your steady hand to cut these shapes so well! Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I hope I find the time to play along in this arrow challenge. I ADORE arrows! What a clever and creative way you created the first card. The stenciling is terrific. Love the boldness of the second card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely, I always love your bold and colorful creations! This arrow is so cool it is like a jousting lance!

    Thanks for joining in CASology - as always!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that you made your own stencils, when you have to do something like that go for it. Both cards are great. Thanks for playing with us in the 10 Minute Craft Dash.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So fabulous!!! I'm honored to be on a wall of fame with my dear :) one of my top 10 fave crafters worldwide! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are gorgeous - I love that you don't let yourself be limited by available products, but just make your own! Great job! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week - it's always great to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another couple of seriously creative cards! You are amazing! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are both really creative and fun! you are so talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Deepti Its not at all weird ,in-fact its your creativity in making your own stencils n stamps that make your cards soo amazing !! I loved your approach behind both cards..first one my favorite !!

    P.S I have linked your blog in my recent post.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wowie again someamazing cards from your hand great work once again.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesomeness!

    Great approach as always Deepti!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, this is lovely!
    Thanks so much for playing along with the 10 Minute Craft Dash!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ohhh, very cool card. Love the arrow in the heart. Thanks for playing along with us in the 10 Minute Craft Dash and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous cards Dee! Of course. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Firstly, I want to say CONGRATS on being included on the "Wall of Fame"! You are so deserving of this honor, Deepti...I'm so happy for you!

    I am amazed at how you create your own stencils, and how beautifully they work on your cards! Your splat is so cool, and your arrows are fab! Beautiful inking and of course, your composition on both cards are perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So bold, and fun! This is awesome! Thank you so much for joining us at the Craft Dash!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Neat stencil technique. Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are so creative and artistic. I can't imagine putting that second card together in less than 10 minutes AND fussy cutting hearts to go on it. The first card is pure genius and I love the use of stencils. I'm going to have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Two more fantastic creations from you! :) Both are just perfect! I love the pop of the first one and the movement you achieved in the second one! Great takes on this week's cue word!!!
    Thanks for joining us yet again over at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Deepti, you have presented TWO seriously amazing cards here! WOW! I am in love with the second...the light blue behind the red is perfect! So glad you joined us at CASology again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Whoop whoop on being added to the ATCAS Wall of Fame! :D

    As for your cards they are both stunners as always! I love your homemade masking and stenciling on the first one and the cool colours. It's like an awesome piece of pop art! The second card is so funky. Love the texture on the arrow and the sentiment is perfect! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete