Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Fly free...

This card's concept is inspired by the CASology week 50 - cue card - FREE and the colors by Dynamic duos #58 - Monochromatic Deep oranges and since its a one layer CAS card, I'll play it for CAS on Sunday #11 - ONE LAYER WONDER too :) 
I love combining challenges ;)



I wanted to make a card with bird cage and a bird, I had this beautiful stamp from Prima - Printery collections with the cage but I decided not to use it because the cage was too small for me to cut out through the cage. So, as always I hand drew my cage and used my Exacto knife to cut out the white space on the cage to give it a more realistic feel. The birds are stamped and is from same Prima stamps set. The light inking was done using a sponge and memento dew drop ink :) 

Earlier, I have made another card using Exacto knife which you can find here and this can be called as a sequel ;) Also, here below is the image of my bird cage - work-in-progress

The challenges are -




Thank you  for stopping by :) I love to read your comments 

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, rich and dramatic! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaa Ud Ja Re Panchi!! nice

    ReplyDelete
  3. So clean cutting deepti and lovely card !

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW - amazing!! Love the sponging and shading. Thanks for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deepti, this is fantastic! I love your hand-drawn birdcage. Your use of the exacto knife is perfect. Your spongeing is beautiful. Wow! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful card and fits all the challenges perfectly Thanks for joining the girls and I at CAS on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card and coloring..
    I started with the same idea yesterday night.. Now need to whack my brain again.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Nithya :) I can understand your pain :( but I am sure you will now come up with a better idea ;)

      Delete
  8. are you kidding me??? you cut out the bird cage with an exacto knife??? so wish I had your cutting and drawing skills... another fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely shading!!!! Love the oranges.

    Thanks for your encouragement!! I admire your work very, very much!!
    -Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so amazing with the artistic things you can do...your bird cage is absolutely gorgeous! I love the CAS design and shading, too...such a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. stunning! your cards are works of art Dee!!! lovely

    ReplyDelete
  12. You hand drew the cage?!!! Wow! I love how you cut it out too. Fabulous CAS/OLC! Thanks for playing along at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card Deepti, so elegant and gorgeous colours too, your hand drawn birdcage looks fabulous.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete