Saturday, March 29, 2014

ATCAS #35 - WHEELS

We are back with a new challenge at Addicted to CAS . I was unable to play along in the last challenge as I was on a vacation but can't miss any more :) The code word WHEELS for this week is selected by our very talented Sylvia. She is also the host for this challenge. I would like to welcome our talented Guest Designer Karen back with us for the last challenge for the month of  March. You can see her projects by clicking here, Made by Meadie
Our sponsor for this challenge is Stamplorations and the prize will be a pack of her rubber stamps called "It's all about You".

 So here's my card...
To make this card, I stamped the hedgie (from Penny Black - Hugs), masked it off and then stamp the cycle (from Technique Happyville - Wheelie set) Then I did some more stamping of birdie from same set and the yellow flowers (from PTI Ruby reprise set), and leaf (from Recollections hello friend set). Finally I masked of the card to ink the landscape and colored the rest of the images with my sharpie markers and hedge hog with Spectrum Noir. I was inspired by the Colors at Color Q #234 and by the theme at Stamplorations March challenge- Stamps and Spring and Simon Says stamp Blog Work it Wednesday - SPRING
 


Our DT has come up with some amazing projects this week. Pop over to our ATCAS challenge blog here and take a peek. I am looking forward to the challenge this fortnight and am very excited to visit your blogs.

I have another card to share, this one is dedicated to a great friend. If she is reading she will know. I am so lucky to have found her. She is a wonderful person at heart and has guided me a lot through my crafty venture. This card uses the Hero arts stamp and Paper Smooches Die send by her. You are the best. my sweet friend!!
To make this card, I stamped the image and created a mask. Then I did some distress inking using Chipped Sapphire n Tumbled glass. Then I colored the focal Image in Spectrum Noir markers. Finally. I die cut the frame and stamped it with CAS-ual Friday's - Clover set :) I was inspired by the sketch at CAS(E) this sketch #70 and Theme at CASology Week 88 - LUCKY
 
Have fun in creating CAS card :) and thank you for visiting my blog.

32 comments:

  1. 2 very sweet cards and fab sentiment in the first and the spring colours are a joy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are adorable Deepti !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deepti - two wonderful cards. Love how you masked off the little hedgehog to put the bike in place - absolutely inspired. Your owl card is so cute and love how you've got the shading on the background. Aren't crafting friends great!

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your adorable hedgehog on that bike! -- too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That hedge hog is so stinking cute! I love that you put him on a bicycle! What a clever way to use him on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are both as cute as can be!! Thanks so much for joining us at the ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love BOTH of these cards! The owl card is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous stamping and masking here Deepti! Both cards are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your spring hedgie scene, Dee! Thanks so much for joining us at STAMPlorations! And I love your owl card too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. another wonderful set of cards, deepti... the second one is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Deepti, LOVE your inking, it is always amazing to see your lovely creations!! SOooo Soooo cute! Thanks for adding this lovely to the CASology Gallery this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two gorgeous cards Deepti. Love the hedgie on Your ATCAS DT card - it wheely is good fun! (I wheely must stop using the word "wheely" - it's becoming addictive)!!
    Your masking is perfect - I really thought the Hedgie and bike were from one single stamp, until I read your post. A great take on the Code Word!
    Sylvia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute...fun & whimsical! So glad you shared it with us at the ColourQ, Deepti!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two great cards, Dee! Love the little hedgehog on the bike, and whoooo wouldn't fall in love with that little owl?!! So darn sweet. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two fun and cheerful cards Deepti!! :) Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two fabulous cards today, and I am especially smitten with the one you made for CASology. Your inking and coloring are superb--funny thing is I had that very stamp set out to play today, too. But, I cannot color like you, so I did paper piecing. Thank you so much for playing along at CASology. It is always a pleasure to see what you have created.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both of your cards look amazing Deepti:) Thanks for having me along on the blog this month - I have had a ball - hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aww..How CUTE are these??? These are so AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such sweet cards Dee, love your owl. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your owl card, the colouring is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  21. two beauties Deepti, love your little hedgehog he is clever balancing like that and how sweet of you to make a card for this friend of yours, she is obviously very special to you.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Firstly, I have to say that both of your cards are amazing, Deepti!!! I love your Wheelie cute take on the code word...your masking is just perfect, and your 'scene' is perfection! Love the charming sentiment, too!

    What a beautiful tribute and gorgeous design on your 2nd card...WOW! I love how you created the sky background and how you colored the owls! I had a lump in my throat reading your sweet comments, as I am certain your friend feels the same about you! Your artistic creations bring so much joy to all of us, Deepti...thank you for that!

    ReplyDelete
  23. 2 gorgeous cards Deepti. The images in both are adorable and beautifully coloured, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your 'wheelie' card is adorable with the little birds twittering around and the little inked hillside - and your owl is beautifully colored Deepti!

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are both gorgeous, Deepti, but I especially love the second one. That sky is gorgeous and the owls are so sweet! Thanks for playing along with CASology and CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love how you got your hedgie to rid the bicycle, Deepti! Very clever! And the owls are adorable with a very pretty background!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wonderful cards! I love that image from the first one, adorable and love the scene you created in the second!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Both so sweet! Great use of the colors in the first!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hedgie - how wonderfully concepted and executed! This card just screams Spring to me. Put a big smile on my face. Thanks for joining us with your art at STAMPlorations this month.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Congrats on your HM at CASology, Deepti! Such a darling card!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful CAS card Deepti, I love the hedgie image it is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I have missed so much while on vacation ... both of these cards are wonderful in their own ways! Really enjoy the background of your owl card. So crisp and clean overall, but still very interesting with your distress inking!

    ReplyDelete