Tuesday, September 2, 2014

ATSM #111 - Anything Goes for Marie!!

Hello crafters, its time for your favorite challenge at Addicted to Stamps and more... ANYTHING GOES !! But this challenge is really special. We are doing a linky party for our sweet teamie Marie at ATCAS. She is such a sweet heart but these days she is not keeping well. Her leg is troubling her a lot. So, fabulous Kylie and Darnell master minded this idea to do a linky party to send our wishes and healing thoughts to herI so love the fact that we are such a close knit virtual family :)

The challenge is anything goes with an optional twist of Get well/ thinking of you card. For me sun/ sunshine/ sunflower are good indicators of get well wishes :) I hope this card and my wishes will bring a new sunshine and healing for Marie :) Get well soon honey!

This is what I created...
To make this card, I took a water color card stock panel, stamped the sunflower from STAMPlorations Bloom sketches in Distress ink. Next I took few more color like orange and brown of Distress ink to water color the sunflower. It is easy to water color with distress ink. I enjoyed doing this as this was the first time I tried water coloring after stamping the image. Anyways!! Next I did some green water color wash to indicate the leaves. Stamped the sentiment and adhered the card stock on a striped pattern paper :)  I am playing this for the following challenges  CAS(E) this sketch #90 Case Study Anniversary week #4 , at Case Study I was inpired by Jill Foster's card (Of course her card is way too good!!)Simon says Wednesday challenge - Anything Goes!
 CASE Study 4th Anniversary 
There is a lot more lovely inspiration from the DT, Please visit our challenge blog here. The winner will receive a wonderful prize from our sponsor this week StampArt Design. Take a peek at their store here

I am excited to see what you will come up with ....
Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving me a comment :)

Supplies used : Stamps - STAMPlorations Bloom sketches, Inks - Distress Mustard seed, Spiced marmalade, Vintage photo, Bundled sage, Mowed lawn and Memento Tuxedo black, Pattern paper - Simple stories sn@p Color vibes

40 comments:

  1. As always, beautiful, BEAUTIFUL card, Deepti!! Awesome watercoloring :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card that Marie will love! I can't wait to ink up this stamp! Gorgeous colours too xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Deepti a great job of water coloring, I think it is really fun and so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEAUTIFULLY done Deepti, she'll love this special card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely gorgeous, and the care and love behind it make it extra special.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is super beautiful and so artistic, Deepti! It looks like all hand painted. Great card! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely colouring and the splash of green just frames the card in a free water colour way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful water-coloring Deepti !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your water colouring, Deepti - it creates a soft, almost dreamy look! A perfect get well card :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great card really love it. Thank you so much for joining us over at case study.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wonderful sunflower, pretty card :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely! yes sun, and sunflowers are always the best for good wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful card, Deepti!!! Love your treatment of that image!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Once again, an absolutely stunning card; the sunflower is gorgeous! This is sure to bring a mega-watt smile to Marie's face, as it has to mine!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful, Deepti! Thanks so much for joining us for the Anything Goes Challenge on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely gorgeous card, Deepti! Your water colored sunflower is so soft and pretty, and I love how you added water coloring to the background! This card is sure to make Marie smile!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another outstanding job! The water coloring is just gorgeous and love that beautiful flower.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the way you have used w/c to create this stunner Dee, it is a v free flowing creation.:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. So honored that you were inspired by me! I love your card-- very light and fresh and airy!!! Thanks for playing along at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is gorgeous! I love the watercoloring, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card, Deepti! I love the beautiful sunflower and background and the striped base card is a nice touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Deepti. Love your watercolour sunflower!!! Fantastic card. Have a great day! Hugs Monika xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is stunning! What beautiful water coloring technique you have :) That sunflower is just popping out of the screen.

    Have a fabulous and crafty day!
    Amber
    Staying Crafty
    Stampin On Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous watercolored sunflower Deepti. This is such a happy card and will definitely bring some sunshine to Marie! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my this is fabulous! I love how you created the "leaves". Really beautiful Dee :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love that happy, bright sunflower! Your watercoloring is awesome, Deepti!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful card, I will have to join in on this one for your friend Marie! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  28. Absolutely beautiful watercoloring - gorgeous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Dee the watercolouring is so fantastic! Love your bright sunflower!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is such a pretty sunflower, Deepti! I know it will make Marie feel much better!

    ReplyDelete
  31. WOW what a stunner Deepti..love how you play so effortlessly with inks and media...this one is a work of art.Sheer delight to see it!!
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts Kids Projects

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is BEAUTIFUL!!! I love how clean and crisp your colors look. I'm sure it will bring a smile to Marie's face.

    ReplyDelete
  33. How did you know sunflowers are my favourites !!!!! I adore them and they always make me smile as do your sweet words of comfort, you will never know how much this means to me.

    Thank you

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  34. Watercolouring is my weakness! That's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete