Friday, January 1, 2016

CASEplorations Jan 2016 - Laura Bassen

Hi friends! Welcome back and wish you a very HAPPY NEW YEAR. Hope you had a creative 2015 and will continue to be even more creative in 2016. Afterall, this is what we want ;)

It's time for CASEplorations inspiration post at STAMPlorations. On the first of every month, the STAMPlorations girls share CASEs of some of our favorite cards - maybe even one of yours. Be sure to stop by the blog  for the very first installment of CASEd inspiration for 2016.  You can find more details HERE.

Our artist for the month of January is the queen of rainbow colors... Laura Bassen of Doublestick HeavenShe needs no introduction, we all love her style :) So let me show you her beautiful card (click HERE to see her original post) and my CASE...
I got inspired by the colors in Laura's card but instead of using embossing paste... I ended up using both dry and heat embossing, here is my card...
I started out by die cutting stitched edge panel of water color paper (using SSS Double stiched rectangle dies), then I heat embossed the rose with white embossing powder (using Blossom Overture). I water colored around the rose using Koi water colors. To finish it, I embossed the card base with cuttle bug embossing folder and I adhered it all on card base and stamped the sentiment (using Fond Expressions - 2 ) :)

Check out the amazing CASE creations by our team,HERE

Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment :)

18 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Happy New Year to you and your growing family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning Deepti my friend! Love that beautiful watercolour background you have created here! The design has a soft, dreamy feel to it! Thank you for the inspiration during 2015 and I can't wait to see what you come up with this year! Have a great 2016! Hazel xx
    My Card Attic

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! Love both of your cards, they really inspire me to create something, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great way to CASE Laura's card, Deepti! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful use of water coloring! Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is so beautiful Deepti, love your flower watercoloured panel, it's so serene!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year sweet Deepti!! Your card is gorgeous!! Love the delicate watercoloring and dry embossed background!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its gorgeous and I can see why you love the colors! The dry embossed background is perfect! Happy New Year Deepti!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card!! Love the colors!! Nice take on Laura Bassen's card!
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your inspired take on the inspiration card... it is just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The watercolor looks so soft and lovely with the white embossed flower, and I love the texture of the embossed card base!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!! This is so beautiful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is so soft and delicate Deepti ... very elegant. Love the soft watercolours and definitely can see how Laura's card influenced your choice of colours. Beautiful and creative design as always. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Dee, just love your interpretation.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, what a beautiful take on Laura's card! I love that you used heat and dry embossing...the flower is so pretty, and the colors are amazing! Love the texture on your embossed background, too! Stunning card, Deepti!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Brilliant case of Laura's card--one of my favorites, Deepti!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You know I'll take dry embossing over paste ANY day of the year, Deepti! ABso-Lute-ly Gorgeous!!!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous watercoloring around the flower!

    ReplyDelete