Tuesday, October 14, 2014

ATSM #117 - Make your Mark

This is my second post for the day, if u are looking for my CAS-ual Friday's Stamps post, please click HERE

We are back with another favorite challenge at Addicted to stamps and more... MAKE YOUR MARK. This is a challenge that requires you to use Markers, Pencils, Pens, Chalks, Crayons etc. If it writes or colours - use it! I am sure you love coloring as much as I do :)
For my card I decided to go with the fall theme after being inspired by a few challenges...
To make this card, first I heat embossed the maple leaf on watercolor card stock. Then I  water colored it using distress inks. Once dried, I die cut the lower edge with PPP border die and colored it yet again. Also added some yellow color wash around the leaf. Finally, I inlaid the die cut piece to make a one layer card and stamped the sentiment :) I am sharing this at the following challenges CAS(E) this Sketch #96 (I turned the sketch at 90 degrees)Time out Challenge #16 - Casing Heather TelfordHeather's card is simply mind blowing, I couldn't get anywhere close to it :)  One Layer simplicity Challenge #10 - Turning to fall and Seize the birthday - Anything Goes

 
There is a lot more lovely inspiration from the DT, Please visit our challenge blog here. The winner will receive a wonderful prize from our sponsor this week Stitchy bear Stamps. Take a peek at their store here


I am excited to see what you will come up with ....
Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving me a comment :)

Supplies used : Stamps - Inkadinkadoo mini Maple leaf; Inks - Versamark, Memento Tuxedo black, Distress - Mustard seed, Spiced Marmalade, Barn door and Mowed Lawn; Pretty pink Posh border die; Whisper Clear gloss embossing powder

48 comments:

  1. such a pretty background and colors! beautiful card, Deepti!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Deepti. Love the coloring inside the embossed image. So glad you could play with us at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you came really close with your card Deepti...I love it! Think is emulates the other one wonderfully! I struggle with one layer cards. Thanks for sharing your talents with us at Seize the Birthday...we appreciate you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful autumn card Deepti!! I like the little splatters coming up from the leaf!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this, Deepti! Fabulous colors and wonderful inlaid die technique! Cool, cool splotches too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the bright and bold colors of fall. So very pretty!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colors & look of this card, Deepti!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous card, Deepti! I love how you colored the Maple Leaf, and how you added the color wash around it! Your die cut border is such a lovely finishing touch,too...such a pretty autumn card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just beautiful Deepit! The colouring and distress watercolouring is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning Deepti, love the splashes around the edge and so pleased you joined us at TIME OUT Challenges x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great autumn themed card. I love the vibrant colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great CASe and fab interpretation of the sketch. Those colours are so intense. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. These colors are so breathtaking... That's why I love autumn. :)
    Great card, Deepti

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really gorgeous design! Love the Fall colors and watercolor look here! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*
    My Blog: Stamp Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  15. Once again, Deepti, your artistry amazes...
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such wonderful warm colours, Deepti ... love how you've graduated the colour on that gorgeous leaf ... just beautiful! Delighted you played along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your color wash! The yellow is fabulous and I love the red splatters. I have been thinking about doing this inlaid technique too. Yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So pretty Dee. Love that maple leaf and the colors. The scallop border looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  19. truly amazing take on the sketch, deepti!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love how bright this feels for a fall card. Usually the colors are so deep and warm, but yours just pop right of the page! Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful piece. Really love how you did the background!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just love this, especially using the scalloped border die thru the card, it makes for a wonderful effect. And love those colours, especially the splotches of red. Gorgeous and I'm so glad you were able to join in with us at TIME OUT and sure hope you come back again!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous use of colour! Love the red splatters and how some of them bled into the paper.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful watercoloring - what a lovely Fall card!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous bright colors with this magnificent fall leaf. So very pretty. Really admired the way you added that scalloped border too. Very lovely with the maple leaf. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow! Stunning use of colour, Deepti.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the wathercolor and embossing on this card; very clever

    ReplyDelete
  28. A gorgeous card Deepti, love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous, Deepti, I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow Deepti your cards just get better and better, loving all the bright colours and stamping again ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh I love the bold, bright colours. The watercoloured leaf is fabulous and I do like that it's a one-layer card!

    ReplyDelete
  32. wooww I love the effect behind the leaf Deepti it looks like you painted it...woowww again..adorable card as always

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is a beautiful leaf! Love the soft color wash in the background that makes it pop even more!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love the colour on the embossed leaf, Deepti and the glow from the yellow wash! A beautiful card - so glad you shared it with us at Time Out :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Very lovely fall birthday card! Wonderful color...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I like your white embossing and fun spatters. Thanks for joining us at One-Layer Simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is beautiful, Deepti. You sure know how to use colour! Fabulous x

    ReplyDelete
  38. Lovely fall card Deepti and the colors are just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Beautiful card, perfect for a fall birthday. Love the colors and the leaf just pops. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wow, Deepti. This is beautiful, love the watercolouring and how you inlaid the die cut border. Sorry to be so late with my comment, have a great day! hugs Monika xxx

    ReplyDelete
  41. Oh, this is gorgeous! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Fabulous card! Love your watercoloring!
    Just became a follower because I see your beautiful cards everywhere and don't want to miss a single post!

    ReplyDelete