Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Mixed Media Card Challenge #4 - Vintage

Time flies so fast, we are already through with three challenges and now heading to another fun challenge at The Mixed Media Card Challenge. I am so excited for this mixed media challenge coz I really enjoyed creating the look. You can also join in the fun!! Read about mixed media definition HERE and u will know what I am talking about.  So let's see what our challenge is and what I created...
Vintage with an optional element of KEY.... hmmmm.... when I think vintage few things hit my head, one is that blue and linen color and then the rose. So all I did was to incorporate these elements in my design. So, here's my card...

To make this card, I masked off the upper part of card base and stamped the stripes in blue, next I masked the stripes and worked on the upper part. I used some embossing paste to create texture, followed by inking and tone on tone stamping on the base. I also stamped the roses and colored them with my markers, then I inked and added the cycle die cut sent by a sweet friend. Some how cycle reminds of vintage too :). Finally, I stamped the sentiment and added the stamped and fussy cut key to finish my card. I am linking this to a few challenges Retro Sketches #134 (I reversed the sketch) Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Transport it613 Avenue Create #91 - Anything Goes! and Time Out Challenges #15 - Stamping 
There is a lot more incredible inspiration by a versatile and uber talented team :) Please head over to our challenge blog to check out the details of the challenge and some more inspiration.

Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment :)


Supplies used - Stamps : Inque Boutique rose, and sentiment stamp, TAWS Crossing lines, Stamping up - Madison Avenue, Prima marketing - Where memories are created; Crafters Worksop - mini well rounded stencil; Inks - Distress - Antique linen, Hero Arts Pool, Memento Tuxedo black; Wendi vecchi embossing paste white

40 comments:

  1. I think every time I come by I say fabulous to you. Love the sweet scene and the touch of texture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an excellent job with the vintage theme Deepti, whilst staying true to your own fabulous style!
    Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card! Love all the artistic elements you have going on in this card. Thanks for sharing!

    Tam
    cardmakingartists.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pop of blue on this!! Great vintage card and a cute little bicycle.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really beautiful!! Love the added roses in the corners and the Vintage style looks fabulous! HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very different take on vintage !! Loved the it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh this is elegant vintage with added selected texture. Just gorgeous Deepti, love all these design elements and all worked together beautifully. Thanks for joining us again at TIME OUT Challenges x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely vintage creation with these colors Deepti - love the stripes and roses - and the added texture with the paste!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the scene that you created, Deepti! The distressed edges look so pretty with the bike image and flowers! Love those stripes, too! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Transport It” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this, Deepti! The colors are just lovely with the pop of blue at the bottom and pop of red on the flowers! That bike is awesome! Love what you did with the embossing folder too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how you've done CAS and mixed media together, Deepti. And congrats on your pub in PCS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the background and the flowers, stripes perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful card, love the vintage background and the sweet roses on it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. so cool... love the little bit of texture you added with the embossing paste!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty, Deepti... and everything was made by yourself, no patterned papers. The background looks like an old wall paper and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. NICELY done Deepti, this is marvelous!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great vintage card Deepti! Love the stamped and sponged background and the texture from the embossing paste. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Is there no style you can't do?! Your take on vintage is completely stunning Dee! I adore those sweet roses!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is such a pretty scene! I love the texture and stamping - gorgeous! It really does remind me of a bygone era!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the strips and flowers combo Deepti, and that bike is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks vintage to me -- the colors and added texture look quite fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful classic looking card. Time well spent. Spectacular results. Come back again and play with us at 613 Avenue Create.

    ReplyDelete
  23. how cute.. love that bike and those flowers.. gorgeous card

    ReplyDelete
  24. So very pretty! Lovin' the bicycle and pretty color palette!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love seeing your work all over the internet. You're so talented - which is apparent by all the awesome DT you are a part of!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awesome card Deepti! It deserves to be on a canvas! You really show how we easily associate colors with particular periods of time. I love your use of the tone on tone!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such a beautiful vintage card! Great texture too!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is so nostalgic, Deepti! Love how you've mixed blue and white stripes with cream and roses.

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a fabulous crisp bike image to pair with those gorgeous blooms and wonderful texture, Deepti ... just lovely! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Please delete my previous post...not sure what happened there...

    I love how you created a vintage feel to this card, Deepti! The bicycle is perfect with your background. and I love how you included embossing paste to create your scene! Beautiful color combo, gorgeous flowers and timeless design...Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is beautiful. I love the bicycle.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Lovely card, Deepti! Vintage is not my strength but I love seeing what people like you can do!

    ReplyDelete
  33. is this vintage
    or shabby chic
    I dont know really but I love the mix of flower key and bicycle
    clever and ADORABLE card sweety,,
    I love this...

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love the background and the awesome bicycle!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Fabulous background love the texture and the roses and it makes a wonderful card with the bicycle die.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love the fresh blue/white; reminds me of the linnen my grandma used to have... Love the card; all elements are things I like and love to see... Thank you for taking the TIME OUT and join us again.

    ReplyDelete