Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Happy birthday Debra!!

It's Debra's birthday and we at STAMPlorations are celebrating it by making a card for her. Debra is my team mate at STAMPlorations and has an amazing style of hers :) I enjoy seeing her creative takes on the sketches :) You can check more of her creativity at her blog, I dream of color

Debra, I have made a sweet little card for you, hope you will like it :) Wishing you a wonderful birthday !!
I have changed the previous photo as I was able to take another photo of the card in the sunlight :) To make this card, I masked off the two vertical panel and inked them with Distress inks Black soot and Barn door. Next I stamped the STAMPlorations Bee's knees - Rosebud and colored it. To dress up the card, I silver embossed the sentiment, added a thin strip of silver metal sheet and added the vellum strip with hand written rest of the sentiment. I am sharing this at Runway Inspired challenge #70 and The Paper Players #218 - CAS with Silver/ Gold
 

Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment :)

27 comments:

  1. Hmm... great take on both challenges Deepti Love the flower's clean lines!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh wow....this is just simply gorgeous Deepti... So very sweet of you to create this amazing, drop dead gorgeous card for my birthday.. I just absolutely love it- the colours are so very striking. Thankyou so much, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo, you've got Shirley's stamp! Gorgeous card - I love the shading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how your interpreted the inspiration photo. Very graphic, cool card Deepti.

    ReplyDelete
  5. pretty card...great take on the inspiration photo.....well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful design for Debra and for both of the challenges Deepti! The bold stripes are stunning beside the cute blooms !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice job with these colors and great take on the inspiration photo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so good at incorporating challenges! This card is of course FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful, Deepti. The colored stripes seem to have a metallic shimmer caused by the two tone ink blending... so cool. Thank you for the tip about The Paper Players challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning! I love what you're doing with the Rosebuds set :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those panels look so stylish! And I love the way you stamped the flower. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! What a beautiful card this is, Deepti! I love how you created the strips with Black Soot and Barn Door Distress inks...it's the perfect color combo to pair with the lovely rose bud! I'm sure Debra is going to love it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty roses! Great design with the panels!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! I love the sponged stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty Deepti and I'm sure she LOVED it!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgoeus card. Love the sponged panels that go from black to red .. and those sweet rosebuds ---- adorable! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so beautiful. I love how you did the sentiment in two parts, and those panels are just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty, Deepti! I love how you combined the two challenges. Your sponged panels and handwritten sentiment are fabulous! Thanks for sharing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card, love how it compares to the dress! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your card is so beautiful, Deepti! I know your friend will love it! The black and red is stunning and I love the rosebuds! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! This is incredibly beautiful, Deepti!

    ReplyDelete
  22. that color combo is adorable with that flower stamp Deepti...the owner od Stamplorations must be so proud of you...you made her stamp so stand out...I LOVE THIS too dear Deepti...so adorable...

    ReplyDelete
  23. That ink blending is spectacular! It's really hard to get a good ombre effect with red and black but you made it look effortless! Thanks for strutting your stuff with us at Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your black to red gradient effect is just awesome! Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway!

    ReplyDelete