Thursday, January 2, 2014

FUSION Challenge - Jan 2nd, 2014

The day has arrived when I begin the new year 2014 on my blog with this very first post... so here's wishing you a very Happy New Year !! May this year brings you all that your heart desires :) My heart desires a lot of things, everything crafty :D, yeah!! that's the greedy crafter in me talking. 
But at this time, my heart wants to thank some one very special, a friend, a well wisher who mailed a lot of crafty goodness for me just to make my new year much more creative :) Thank you so much. This card and many more to come will acknowledge my thankfulness to her :) and a big thanks to my husband for surprising me with a set of 20 washi tape plus a dispenser (from We are Memory Keepers). You just made my New year newer :)
FUSION is a very interesting challenge, it gives us a photo and a sketch, so possibilities are endless with the freedom given in the challenge. You can just work with the sketch or just photo but in my case I Fused the two. 
To make this card, I scored the central panel using Martha Stewart score board. I inked up the feather die (sent by my friend) with Hero Hues Chalk ink - Night, the wood veneer hexagons (from Studio Calico) with Hero Arts Shadow Ink - Raspberry Jam n Chalk Ink - Poppy. I stuck the washi tape n rest of the elements together. Added the banner of sentiment from Paper sweeties. Finishing touches were added by twine and drops of ink.

There is a lot more inspiration available for you by our lovely team. Go and check out :) Also, for more details about the challenge please visit Fusion Card Challenge 


I am also linking this up to the following challenges -

1. Crazy for CAS #34 - ANYTHING GOES!

2. Inkspirational #46 - ANYTHING GOES!

3. Keep it Simple #30 - ANYTHING GOES!


Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment :)

33 comments:

  1. Another stunner from you, Deepti! It's always a pleasure to check out your creations. Always get to see something new and trendy! I loved your take on the Fusion challenge and Congrat's on being a part of their DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful layers and textures on this Deepti! love that feather and the splatter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card Deepti ! love the way you fused both pic and sketch..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning Card, Beautiful! Thanks for joining CFC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First...you are really, really good. Seriously good. I would never in a million years been able to combine so many different elements to make them appear as though they came together in a kit, or stamp/die set. I am in awe! Love the scoring...and the perfectly random placement of the ink splotches too. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year Deepti, congrats on joining Fusion. and this is a great inspiration card, love the scored background x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the scoring on this pretty card! Great use of the washi tape too! Fantastic card!!!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just beautiful. A perfect way to fuse both sides of the challenge. And, how nice that you got all those wonderful crafty gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dee...your take on the sketch is so cool. I love it! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card, I love all the different textures and details.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet card, Deepti! All those delicious colors and textures. You always manage to make the most interesting and beautiful cards. So glad you're over at Fusion, and I hope to play along often. Happy New Year. bev

    ReplyDelete
  12. Marvelous card Deepti, the scoring adds SO MUCH!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have such an inspiring design style ... the shading on the feather is perfection ... gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Striking and GORGEOUS, Deepti!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. congrats and I love what you've done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. gorgeous card, deepti... everything about your card is absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This card really has the WOW factor going on Deepti!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This card is so pretty, Deepti! I love how you took the pretty colors and 'fused' them with the sketch...what a great idea to emboss your card base in a vertical pattern, too! I love how you inked your feather and hexagons and how they create movement on this card!

    Welcome home! I'm so glad you've joined the Fusion DT, and I can't wait to see what else you have in store for us!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, such a fun, trendy card, Deepti! LOVE the scoring lines down the middle. Everything comes together so nicely on this card. Again, so glad you're on the Fusion team! Enjoy all your washi tape, what a thoughtful gift from your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Swoon! This is gorgeous beyond belief! I love all the elements, the feather, the shapes (with color yet!) and the hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunning!!! I love the orange hexies and the blue tapes...the embossed lines are the perfect backer...and the inked feather? Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all the texture you have created in this FANTASTIC card Deepti :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is fantastic! I love the scored background with the colorful washi!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Stunner! You never fail to awe me! This is one place where I get loads of inspiration from! Love all the elements on the card!

    Honored to be your teamie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is really beautiful Deepti! I love the combination of colours and textures...stunning! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. what a lovely card! love feathers and hexagons! will totally be attempting to case this card, although I probably won't do it justice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your card is SO gorgeous...the pairing of the feather and the hexagons works so well....I would have never thought to put those two elements together but it WORKS! :)
    Perfect card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. A ZILLION loves for this card!! Bright and GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am loving your first card of the year AND your first card for this challenge - congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete