Thursday, January 23, 2014

Love for vellum...

Hi friends, I am back with another card today. I made a card combining a few challenges, well...that's how always do :D Actually, I feel that one can come up with great ideas after mixing up challenges. So this card is inspired by CAS-ual Friday's #126 - Color Blocks, Color Me #4 - Color me... Playful!, The Card Concept #2 - Add texture (I think my card type should be Clean and layered) and CASology Week 70 - Contrast
By definition contrast means arrangement of opposite elements (light vs. dark colors, rough vs. smooth textures, large vs. small shapes, etc.) in a piece so as to create visual interest. So, I used large and small shape  to depict the contrast and may be the colors can also be a contrast like green n orange.  So here's my card...
To make this I cut out a rectangular card stock as a guide for deciding the size and placement of the shapes. As is visible in the card, I used DCWV - Basics Card stock with Color me Challenge colors to cut out the shapes. Then I created dash lines on each shape, distressed the edges to add texture and stuck them on card stock in the desired pattern. Then I hand drew a smaller shape inside each bigger shape and cut it out using an exacto knife (these smaller shapes were cut through the card base as well), distressed the inner edges too. Then I hand drew the thread which was made to depict continuation of stitch lines on each shape. Finally, I added foliage leaf die cut of vellum... because of my recent love for vellum LOL (using Nestabilities Foliage dies), buttons and stamped the sentiment (from Paper sweeties set). 
  

It was fun to create this card :) Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment :)

40 comments:

  1. Fun to create and fun to look at! Such a great compilation of colours, textures and patterns. I love the stitching around each colour block as well. Absolutely joyful, Deepti :) Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Me...! this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So clever and fun, Deepti! I love how you added texture, yet you kept the card CAS! Your stitched lines are such a great way to connect the shapes, and I really love how you placed the vellum leaves and buttons! Very well thought out and perfectly executed...wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is FABULOUS!! I saw it at Card Concepts!! LOVE the style you picked!! :)
    FUN challenges you used it for too! Love the color combo one!!
    Have a GREAT day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE LOVE the shapes you put together Deepti!! And that vellum leaf sprig...so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very good way to do contrast!! Love that vellum on here.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so gorgeous Deepti. Love those different shapes. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you did the colour blocks on your card and added the stitched lines...wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, what an amazing design!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you combined the challenges...fabulous card Deepti!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these geometric shapes and the velum leaves! I always forget about vellum! Great colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty card! I love how you were able to combine so many challenges. I have a hard time doing that. Great job....love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a clever card Deepti...love the geometric shapes and the faux stitching...I really like the sentiment stamped vertically...it's always nice when you can combine challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love visiting your blog always Deepti !! You have very different take on challenges..and you cards are very clever...This one is no exception.loved the geomentrical shapes n delicate texture of vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Simply brilliant design, Deepti! Your stitching and great vellum die cut just make this card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the graphic feel of this fabulous card~

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the color blocks on card Deepti and the vellum is surprise :) flower buttons are cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh...Deepti! the color block background so Fabulous, love the way you put it all together with the vellum leaves :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so lovely, Deepti.. I love it.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gasp my friends, always so gorgeous. Thank you so much for joining us at the Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The contrast of your graphic shapes and the softness of the vellum is brilliant. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love vellum, too, Dee, and love all your art using vellum! This card is fabulous and so perfect for all those challenges!! Have a wonderful weekend! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm currently seriously into vellum as well! Love how you placed all your elements and those vellum leaves are scrumptious! So glad you joined us at CASology this week Dee!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome! I love the variety of shapes and colors on the crisp white background! Thanks for joining us this week at The Card Concept :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. A great mix of all the challenges, I just can't get enough vellum leaves lately. Love' em, love your card! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Colour Me...!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is brilliant Deepti! Love all the bright colors and the cleaness of your card! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. So pretty, Deepti! I love how the colors show through the sheer vellum!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love your fun patchwork card, Deepti, and your always gorgeous vellum leaves! :) Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a fun and unique design, Deepti! Love all of the little extra touches, like the vellum leaves, hand drawn thread and the stitch lines. This is perfectly clean and layered! Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete
  29. This fab-u-lous Deepti!! Also thank you for stopping by mine and leaving such a sweet comment on my challenge card...
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  30. WOW,Deepti...awesome card!! I love the shapes and colors!!
    Thank you for joining us The Card Concept!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Super card, Deepti! Love all the texture this has. Such a beautiful card. Love this. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful card Deepti, love the pretty colours and design.
    Hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. hi Deepti :) another amazing card ... work of art!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  34. I think you created another class of cards: graphic and girly! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wonderful card! Love how you kind of created a grid with the shapes and the vellum adds some great interest!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Awesome card, Deepti! Your collage of contrasts is so interesting to stare at. Wonderful! Thanks so much for joining the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete