Saturday, October 26, 2013

ATCAS #25 - ONE LAYER

It's time for yet another challenge at Addicted to CAS and all our dear CAS lovers get set as the code word this week is ONE LAYER selected by our sweet and talented Kylie. She is also the host for this challenge.

Our winner will get a great prize from our amazing sponsors Digi Darla Designs

For my card, I decided to go one layer for recreating a typical tree with all the fall colors that I see here. I am so much in love with the Fall, this card can be a tribute to nature's gift to us :)
To make this card, I roughly and lightly hand drew the tree trunk with a pencil, Then I used my wood mounted Studio-G leaf branch Stamp to stamp with shades of green, orange and red and yellow (using Memento Dew drop Inks). I also masked and stamped a few leaves at the base to indicate that they have fallen. Then, I did some inking in the corner to show that sun is shining through. Finally I made my tree trunk using Sharpie Markers :) The bird (from Prima Stamps) and the sentiment (from Paper Sweeties - You make me smile set) were stamped for finishing touches. Hope you like my card :)

Our DT has come up with some amazing projects this week. Pop over to our ATCAS challenge blog here and take a peek. I am looking forward to the challenge this fortnight and am very excited to visit your blogs.
I am also linking this up to the following Photo Inspiration challenges (coz all Fall begins from the tree ;))
1. Crazy for CAS #30 - Picture Inspiration
2. Inkspirational #42 - Photo Inspiration
3. Just Us Girls Challenge #212 - Photo inspiration

 

Have fun in creating one layer CAS :) and thank you for visiting my blog.

43 comments:

  1. Awesome card Deepti, love this one...especially the stamping part!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous Deepti-I love the fallen leaves and the way you have sponged to represent the sun-a perfect fall day x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your stamping and use of color is always stunning and today is no exception!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another work of art, Deepti! Love the fallen leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Deepti-Love those leaves,and the little bird flying out of the tree is the perfect finishing touch-fabulous one layer card :)
    Have a lovely weekend,
    Nessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Fall tree! Love that you hand drew the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this, Deepti! Your tree looks amazing. I am so jealous of all your free-hand drawing! lol The colors you used are so beautiful. This looks just like the trees outside my window right now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty Deepti! This looks like so many of the trees in our neighborhood right now! Turning, but still hanging on to a little green!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card, Deepti! It's so cool that you can draw, combining your skills with stamps makes so unique cards. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG I love this, surely you will frame it its such a perfect scene.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  11. A perfect little tree for fall!! So lovely and love that one layer look.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another gorgeous work of art, Deepti! I love the colors of the leaves and how you added the sun shining down...your tree trunk is also stunning! I am always so impressed with your hand drawings, and this is no exception ~ Beautiful 'Autumn' card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely love your card - your tree with its beautiful colored leaves is splendid! Fall is my favorite time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Deepti...lovely tree n the fall colours u have stamped for leaves are amazing.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card Deepti - love the colours you've used.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  16. A beautifully coloured and stamped autumn tree, Deepti!! Love it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Deepti. Your tree is amazing! I love the autumn colored leaves with the sun shining through ... gorgeous and so creative. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love how you stamped your leaves in different colours, lovely card xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Deepti - your hand-drawn tree is fabulous, and I love the colours of the autumn leaves. Fabulous!
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I always struggle t find words to show my appreciation for your beautiful work.
    Thanks for inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunning! The depth of color in that tree and the shrubbery around the bottom is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your tree is fabulous!! Love the mix of colours. Great CAS card! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great tree ! Beautifull colors !
    !neke

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just stunning Dee! Love the perfect autumn colours! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is beautiful! A real piece of art with your hand drawn tree! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Those leaves are just gorgeous!!! I love all the colours overlapping each other!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Truly gorgeous and I love all the thought you put into it . Every element is perfectly placed. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next time! Marina

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Deepi-just saw you have added this to Ink-thanks for joining us and you know I love this card x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wauw this is so awesome! Thank you for joining us with this beautiful card at Crazy for CAS

    ReplyDelete
  30. Yes another masterpiece from your hand it's awesome. Thank you for joining us over at crazy for CAS.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with CfC!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great job, love the colors on the card. Thanks for joining CFC.

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is a Beautiful card Deepti, your Tree is amazing and the Autumn colours are so pretty.
    Hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Your hand drawn and painted tree is perfect with the leaves! What a gorgeous Autumn card! Thanks for joining Just Us Girls in our challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Your tree is really stunning! Love all the gorgeous colors. Thanks for joining us at Just Us girls! I hope you will come back and play again.

    ReplyDelete
  36. The tree with fallen leafs is fabulous ..keep going

    ReplyDelete
  37. You certainly did the fall theme justice! I love that tree and how you placed the colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Dee's Art Utopia indeed! The depth of color achieved in the tree top leaves and the ground cover is flawless...the little bird is the perfect touch...I adore this...possibly a new favorite? Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love your card Deepti. Beautiful colours for the leaves. Stunning. Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational. Meighan DT

    ReplyDelete