Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Some more great news to share... I am on the DT of Catchy Challenges

If you are looking for my ATCAS #24 DT card, please click HERE...


My design exposure and experience is going good and being on a Design Team gives me a tremendous opportunity to learn and create better and better... I was recently taken into the Design Team of the ATCAS and ATSM which was very exciting and surprising for me. I still at times cannot believe it LOL :)
And now to add on to my disbelief and excitement Deepti Stephens (yeah :) she too is Deepti !!) the owner of CATCHY CHALLENGES in India offered me to be on their Design Team.

I was like.... seriously, is this true :D and I said Yes right away :) so here I am with my first creation for Catchy Challenges. They are currently running with the challenge -


In India we celebrate a lot of festivals at this time of the year, So the catchy team decided to begin celebrating the festive season too. You can create anything for the festive season – cards, tags, boxes, gifts, etc. for more details and inspiration from DT you can visit here.  and now to my card... this is for the festival of Lights called Deepawali :) where we light these earthen lamps everywhere. 
For my card, I hand drew"a diya" (an earthen lamp), fuzzy cut and colored it. To create the glow of light from flame I did some masking and inking. At the base below the diya, I made this Rangoli (which is like a design made with dry colors on floor) using a Nestabilities scalloped circle die, I made a semi circle. I then stamped these mini stamps ( from Dipsy Doodling - Ready set grow) around and colored them. Finally, I smeared some golden glitter all over.

Hope you like my card. I would like to thank Deepti to take me on board and also the lovely team for being supportive :)

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving me a comment :)



17 comments:

  1. One more Fantastic fusion...!!I loved the traditional look you have given n the lovely colors..Congrats Deepti..I happy to see you joining Catchy team..more bcoz its Desi..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Congrats deepti.....so glad that now u r gonna host this challenge too.....the card is pretty too..!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card! Congratulations on your new DT post! :) I love the doodled border. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card! Congrats on your DT gig Deepti !

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! Deepti, this is stunning! BIG congrats on the DT too. Love your card. The lamp is just awesome and that glow! So very pretty. Love the doodling around the edges of the card too! All in all, a gorgeous creation!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Deepti on your DT. You deserve it! Love all your creations :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well it's no small wonder Deepti, you are a talented lady! BIG congrats! FABULOUS card today, love the shimmer behind your candle and the way you've framed the design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is so glorious Deepti..love it..and your hand cut diya is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to you on landing another DT, Deepti! I think this one is really perfect for you...your culture always celebrates with beautiful colors and gorgeous gems!
    I really LOVE how you designed this card! The glow from the candle light is such a lovely effect and your Rangoli frames out the lantern perfectly! Another stunning card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really beautiful Deepti! The candle really looks like it is glowing! Congrats on your DT post too! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous card, deepti!! congrats on your new dt position!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! Congrats on your new DT home :)
    The colors here are so beautiful and true, but it's still CAS. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, Deepti! Congratulations on being a new member at Catchy Challenges DT. I love your beautiful ethnic card, it sends us to the magic of east. Your hand drawn "diya" is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are just on fire (literally!) lately! Congrats on your new DT, they are so lucky to have you. Love the direction you went with the glitter. It's perfect as a glowing flame!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on the DT position, who wouldn't want you!
    Love the warmth of this card....the glowing flame is sensational!
    Always inspired when I visit you, Deepti!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on all of your recognition - it is well and truly deserved!!

    ReplyDelete