Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Love for White...

Hi my dear friends, I am back with a card for a few challenges again. This is dedicated to my love for white and also snow. So the WHITE at Less is More week -140 and Keep it Simple #24 reminded me of snow but sadly none of my ideas were coming to life. Yesterday, my husband asked what's happening at my card front and I was like my Mojo has gone dead and I cant create :( 

He asked what are the challenges... I was like there is a challenge where white is to be used and that very instant he gave me a genius idea which is what I used in my card...

When my husband suggested me to create snow with deer foot prints, I started to think how can I do it and then I decided to use Modeling paste from Liquitex. To make what you see in my card, I hand drew the landscape with trees on my card base, cut out the negative space in the frame with my Exacto knife and then masked the rest of the card to apply modeling paste. I made foot print using a pencil tip while modeling paste was still wet. Some modeling paste was also added on trees to create the effect of snow. Once dried I colored my trees with Pastel pencils (from Derwent). Finally, to create a snowing sky in the background, I used a vellum and dabbed my white dye ink pad (from Memories) over it once. let it dry and stuck it from behind. My card is all set :) A big Thank you to my husband :)

Since I did some fuzzy cutting here, I will also play it for The Friday Mashup challenge #130

Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment :)

20 comments:

  1. Wow this is gorgeous Deepti and such a good idea. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. STELLAR card Deepti!!! Wow what a great idea your hubby had and you executed it perfectly!!! WELL DONE ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful Deepti! Love the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. another absolutely amazing card, deepti! your husband might have given you the idea, but you brought it to life!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it great when the hubbies chime in and help us see or create something? I love when Jim does that for me. Your card is beautiful, Deepti. A new technique to remember that really makes a statement. Thanks for joining in on the fun at the Friday MashUp.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card-and such a great idea to add the deer prints-you have a budding artist there in your husband :)
    Nessa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so clever, Deepti! Love those footprints.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy cow, that's crazy, Deepti! You went all out for this card... so glad hubby is so involved. Thanks again for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea, love that vellum to create the background !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was guessing how you must have achieved the effect until I read full post. I loved the clever use of texture paste and the footprints look very real .What an awesome card by a "creative couple " :D !!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My goodness, what a lot of great effects here Deepti!
    Super job!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  12. How wonderful that your husband gave you such a great idea for your card! I love how you created the deer footprints and your vellum sky is gorgeous, Deepti! Another really stunning card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very creative and artistic card! Great job! Thanks again for playing with us at the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous WOW card Deepti, such a lovely little scene you created. Thankyou for the comments too.....I am sooo not worthy lol :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your footprints are amazing!!!! Love the idea came from your husband!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. *sigh*
    another beauty! It's wonderful that your hubbie supports your creativity...a great team!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, Deepti, this is awesome! Love the little footprints...
    Thanks for joining us at KEEP IT SIMPLE!,
    smiles, Mia

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ack, I love how your scene just glows with your vellum! Wonderful job translating your husband's suggestion into an actual card.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very soft and calm, Deepti... I love the texture and how you created the footprints.

    ReplyDelete