Saturday, November 1, 2014

Mixed Media Card Challenge #5 - Christmas

This is my second post for the day, please click HERE for my ATCAS #51 post.

Time flies so fast, we are already through with four challenges and now heading to another fun challenge at The Mixed Media Card Challenge. You can also join in the fun!! Read about mixed media definition HERE and u will know what I am talking about.  So let's see what our challenge is and what I created...
Christmas with an optional element of Bells.... We have a wonderful sponsor STAMPlorations for this challenge and is generously offering the following -
Prizes:
1 winner - $15 gift certificate (randomly drawn from entries with optional element)
1 winner - choice of stamp set from select categories (randomly drawn from all entries)
I used the beautiful bells from STAMPlorations Holiday Sketches - Christmas Bells to create this card...

To make this card, I took a panel and die cut it with PPP stitched border die, then I scored it and swipes the ink pads to create a wood grain effect. On the card base I stenciled some embossing paste to create snow. I stamped fuzzy cut and colored the bells. Die cut some foliage and adhered it all on the card base. I am linking this to 613 Avenue Create #95 - Anything Goes!, Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes! and Christmas Card Challenge #48 - Anything Goes!

There is a lot more incredible inspiration by a versatile and uber talented team :) Please head over to our challenge blog to check out the details of the challenge and some more inspiration.

Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment :)


Supplies used - Stamps : Stamplorations Holiday Sketches - Christmas bells and Oh Christmas tree set; Inks - Hero arts Forever green, Memento Tuxedo black, Distress vintage photo and Antique linen; Wendi vecchi embossing paste white; Dies - Nestabilities foliage, PPP border dies 1; Stencil - Heidi swapp Confetti stencil; Spectrum Noir and Sharpie markers

32 comments:

  1. WOWSERS, this is amazing. I love the look of the woodgrain portion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous Christmas card, Deepti... you have been creating lots of amazing cards lately... I can't keep up, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever design, I like it a lot!

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fabulous dimension you created on your card! The coloring of your wood is awesome! Thanks for sharing the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dee,
    Your card has a really great design! The wooden panel looks so good, and gives a nice background for the sentiment. The bells are truly beautiful, and the snow texture amazing ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the woodgrain panel and those colourful bells, Deepti!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh Deepti, I just adore your card!! love the design, the colours, just everything on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like real wood!!!! Fantastic card and love the beautiful bells.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great design Deepti, the wood panel was the perfect choice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. the wood grain fence is really stand out on your card design Dee..and adorable bell there and nice snow embossing paste..I adore this Deepti...bright and happy christmas card you made..

    I have one question would you mind to answer it sweety? How can you make two post in one day and each post ist with date 1.11.2014?
    If I made 2 (TWO) post in a day ...also the first post will GOT NO DATE..it will be only under the second post with the same Date...(like hiding)
    Please teach me Deepti..many thanks if you have time to answer me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that wood background and the glow from the bells - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so pretty Deepti! I like the warm wood panel and the plaid bow, they give it a cozy country feel!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Every card you create is a masterpiece! I love your beautiful design! and outstanding coloring : )

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a rich-looking card - love your scored panel - at first I thought it must have been patterned paper. So clever!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous mixed media card, Deepti! I love how you created your own 'wood' panel and how you layered all the elements on this card! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous colouring Deepti - I love that your panels look like a sled :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful coloring on your lovely bells Deepti! and I love that panel background!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely gorgeous! I saw this in the SSS gallery and it really stands out. The way you've colored the ribbon is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh so pretty the bell, love the combination with the wooden background.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your card, Deepti, I like most of those presented in the Mixed Media Card Challenge # 5 - Christmas. Wood made ​​great, composition sensational. How do you do it? You always surprise me:-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the bell coloring and the card!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a gorgeous and festive card.
    Thanks for joining in at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. So gorgeous!! Really love the wooden background element to go with your bells!! So pretty! HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow!! So amazing! Your coloring is so bright and gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely woodgrain!!! I love it as a backdrop to those charming bells!

    ReplyDelete
  26. LOVE this card. Amazing design and colours ... the woodgrain background is stunning. And LOVE your bright coloured bells --- so pretty! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. These bells are so pretty! I love them in red with the wood paneled background!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Stunning card, Deepti! I'm drooling over all the colors and the design!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is fabulous!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Over the top creative, Deepti! This is wonderful--love the bells!

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is amazing. I just adore how you did that wood panel. You are a genius.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love the warm overall feel to your card thanks to that wood paneling.

    ReplyDelete