Tuesday, December 20, 2016

ARTplorations Stencil Blog Hop!

Yay! Its the final day ofARTplorations Stencil Blog Hop at STAMPlorations. There have been 6 days of amazing stencil inspiration for you and today is the last day.. You can see all the details HERE.
artplorationsstencilhopdec2016.png

I made a card using the Peony Number two Stencil. Let me show the card first...
Well as you can see, I did watercoloring yet again. The design layout of this card is inspired by fabulous Therese Calvird's Card, HERE. She is so amazing, I am always inspired by her stunning creations :)
So once I did all the cutting of my watercolor panel. I used the stencil to trace it on my paper with a pencil. I wanted to achieve some delicate watercoloring effects. Then I watercolored it. I also traced the central part of the peony on another watercolor card stock. Colored it and layered it over the base. Yay! you can do layering with stencils too ;)
To add more interest, I hand drew fine lines on each petal with a white gel pen and did some text stamping and sentiment stamping. I then adhered this panel on my base panel :)
I have used  ARTplorations Peony Number Two StencilFriends and FlowersMixed Media Elements Stamp set Edge Border Dies and Gansai tambi watercolors.I am quite happy with the results. Let me know your thoughts too and don't forget to hop, HERE



Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment. 

16 comments:

  1. Oh, my gosh, Deepti, this is amazing!!! I never would have guessed this was done with a stencil, but then again you are always amazing me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card. Love the layering effect with the stencil...clever and creative x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is a stunner Deepti, and it's right back at you GF, you are a total inspiration and I love visiting to see what you have been up to! Thanks so much for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply 'awesome' Deepti. That flower is gorgeous and I love the background together with just a touch of the same colour in the corner with your sentiment. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!
    Love the colors - they really pop.
    Layering the center part of the flower
    gives it so much dimension.
    Fantastic.
    thanks for sharing
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you traced your stencil peony and then watercolored your image. Gorgeous results and wonderful design. TFS Dee..Merry Christmas...I bet your little guy is getting old enough now to get excited about Christmas...at least the pretty lights and wrapped presents :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely gorgeous Deepti. I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the subtle way you have included dimension to this card:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this, Deepti! Have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh woooww layering with Stencil
    I have to have this adorable stencil first
    Deepti your idea is so briliant
    love love love this

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such pretty colours. Beautiful. X

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! What a fabulous way to showcase this stencil, Deepti! Your watercoloring is gorgeous on this bloom and I love how you added dimension to this card...truly stunning work!
    I hope you had a very Merry Christmas...I'm sure it was especially fun, seeing it through the eyes of a child! Hugs to you!!!

    ReplyDelete