Friday, December 16, 2016

CAS Watercolor December Challenge - Reminder

I am super excited to be joining in the CAS Watercolor Challenge Team as the Guest designer :) Today is the reminder for the challenge. I had so much fun playing along with the team :) Thank you so much Loll and Bonnie for having me over :)
The challenge for this month is watercolor resist. Such a fun technique. There are a number of way sthat you can do watercolor resist. One is of course embossing resist, others are crayon/ any oil based pencil/ marker or color resist.
For my card. I did the traditional embossing resist technique. Let me show you the card first...
To make this card, I heat embossed the panel and did some wet on wet wayercoloring. I decided not to color the whole panel. To finish the card I added the diecut sentiment.
I have used Hero Arts Background stamp, PTI Hugs diecut (sent by a sweet friend) and Gansai Tambi watercolors.

Here is a closeup...

I hope you like my card :) Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment.

13 comments:

  1. AMAZING Deepti!! LOVE that beautiful embossed image and the gorgeous colours you've used. Thanks again for being our Guest Designer this month at CAS Watercolour! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous heat embossed background Dee. I love how you only watercoloured part of the image. Such an artsy effect. You die cut Hugs font is so wonderful. All so perfectly balanced. TFS and so happy you were our Guest Designer this month. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really bright and beautiful Deepti and I love your idea of just partially inking it and the black die cut sentiment is perfect with it. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful rich colors, Deepti! Just the perfect amount too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you've water coloured this Hero Arts image and your colour choices are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you've embossed the whole panel but only watercolored some of it! Gorgeous colors and the partial painting adds lots of interest and a perfect CAS look! Thanks so much for joining our CAS Watercolour team this month, Deepti!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the way you only coloured part of the panel! And what beautiful rich colours you chose! So glad you were our Guest Designer at CAS Watercolour this month!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on guesting Deepti, I'm so happy for you!! Your card is simply divine. The partial watercoloring is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a gorgeous card, Deepti! I love the colors you chose for your watercoloring...Another beautiful card showcasing this technique!
    Love your new blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Remarkable! Amazing!! Every time your hand moves my heart
    Hugs,
    BożenA

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lovely blend of colors on this, Deepti, it's really striking!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow I absolutely love this card Deepti - those colors are amazing! Thanks so much for guest designing with us this month - you are a fabulous addition!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How gorgeous Deepti...love the bursts of colours. We are lucky to have had you join us at the challenge..thanks!
    hugs,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete