Friday, June 6, 2014

For my Nephew !!

Okay, I am back because... of course to share a card. But this one is real special to me coz I am sending this for my nephew who will be turning 2 in June. When I was in India last year, I was able to spend some good time with him :) I even taught him how to make sounds of a few animals, LOL. It was so much fun and now he talks to me on phone and says just two words "come soon", oh I miss him so very much :)
So I decided to make a card that is both bright and interactive for him to play with :) This is not a kind of card, I would usually make but for my cutie pie, I can make an exception :) here's a shaker card for him...
To make it, I created an underwater scene on the shaker base by inking and sticking some die cut plants. stamped and cut out fishes. I cut out the frame and wrote Happy birthday all around it. On the card base I stamped a few flowers and adhered the shaker. To add more interest I added a few star fishes and a crab on the frame. I hope he will enjoy :) Here's the photo of my nephew :)
That's him when I was in India :) A surprised look in one and in another he seems to be thinking deeply :) Though I wonder what an 18 month old might think ;)

I was inspired by a few challenges -
1. Seize the sketch #21
2. Color Q #244
3. Time out Challenge #7 - Summer 
 

Thank you doe stopping by and leaving me a comment :)

Supplies used - Inks : Distress Chipped Sapphire, Tumbled glass; Mowed lawn, PTI Summer sunrise, Memento Tuxedo black; Stamps - Recollections Sea Creatures; Die - CAS-ual Friday's tree; Spectrum Noir markers; Tranparency; foam dots and sequins from my stash

36 comments:

  1. This is SO adorable Deepti and I think he will REALLY enjoy the shaker! He's a cutie pie for sure and has the biggest prettiest eyes! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHat a lovely ...cute card Deepti !! Yes your nephew is a cutie pie..my Best wishes too..

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the card deepti and I'm sure your nephew will too. It's so fun colourful and tactile too.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Love the scene you created, this is going to be a huge hit with the little guy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it Deepti, so adorable just like your nephew, we all love shaker cards! I just gave one to my Mum and she is 72!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my! This is sooo CUTE! Love your underwater scene! And how adorable is your nephew?!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. he is gonna love this because he it is adorable!!!!!!!!!!!! So how do you like the spectruim noir markers? are they comparable to copics in your opinion?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome card! I love the sequins, it adds demention in the water!! Your nephew is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So stinkin' cute! Both the card and your handsome nephew!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a fun card you created for your nephew (and he is a cutie, too!!). i think he will definitely enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How sweet, both of them, the card and your adorable nephew! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG, Deepti, how adorable is this?!! The litter sea critters are as cute as can be, and so is your nephew :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. FABULOUS, FABULOUS shaker card Deepti - I'm sure you're nephew will LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. so very cute indeed, both the card and the little birthday boy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Totallly adorable - anyone would LOVE to get this for their birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh so sweet Deepti ..love the card :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW!! What a cute card Deepti! I love all the adorable images! Your nephew is equally adorable, I SO love the second picture! Best wishes to the li'l one!

    ReplyDelete
  18. so beautiful & your nephew is so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh ,your nephew is adorable ,I bet you do miss him so much. Too far away,that must be so hard.
    Well, this card is stunning Deepti I had to go look at all the beautiful details again, the bubbles and fish all just beautiful! He will love this! Thanks for joining us at Seize The Sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a perfectly adorable card for your perfectly adorable nephew! I bet he shakes it alot :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Deepti, you've done it again!! This card is sooooo adorable, your nephew will LOVE it! Awesome scene you've created using my sketch this week again at STS! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So cute! Love the sequin bubbles!

    ReplyDelete
  23. That is one awesome and fun card! What a clever way to use your sequins :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. FABULOUS card, Deepti! So, so, so cute!

    Thanks so much for playing with us at Seize The Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cutie card for a cutie pie ;) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love your little under sea card, Deepti, and the fact that it is a shaker with those wonderful blue sequins makes it special. I'm sure your nephew will be delighted with it. I'm glad you joined the challenge at TIME OUT.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I almost missed this CUTE card, Deepti! What a fun card for your nephew...he's going to love all the fish, and the fun, bright colors and I know he's going to enjoy that you created an interactive 'shaker' card for him! The perfect card for your absolutely adorable nephew! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your nephew is just too adorable. What big eyes! I'm sure he will love his card, as it is bright and fun. So sorry that you live so far away from each other.

    ReplyDelete
  29. That FACE! Oh my, how precious he is :) I love that he talks to you on the phone! And that card is totally worth going outside your comfort zone, because OMG look at his FACE :) He's going to love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Perfect to have an interactive card for a fab little 2 year old, he looks so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Fabulous card, Deepti, the fish are so much fun and I love the sequins! So glad you played with us at the colourQ, thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a cute, sweet card for your nephew. It must be so hard not to see him on a regular basis. What a cutie he is too.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Such an adorable card. Thanks for taking the TIME OUT and joining in on the challenge. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete