Wednesday, June 18, 2014

The new challenge...

Hi friends! I made a card for a new and fun challenge "The Cutting Edge" started by fantastic, talented and superb Jackie Rockwell of Rockwell Designs. Jackie is back in action with not just one but two amazing challenges. The other is Tag You're it! for all the tag lovers out there :)
But my card is for The Cutting Edge and as the name suggests is for all those who are crazy about die cuts. If by chance you are not... you will definitely become one with this challenge and its amazing DT. So this first challenge is a contest for a Guest Design opportunity :)
So here's my card...
I was inspired by the card in the bottom right corner. To make this card, I die cut all the elements and inked them, drew a faint line as a guide to place my die cuts. Before placing my elements, I masked the lower edge of the card and created a sky by inking. Then I placed the elements with sun being the first, followed by trees and then birthday diecuts. I hand drew those tiny birdies. The unique thing about this is that I used the twig for marshmallows as the tree trunks :) 
I am also linking this up at Paper Crafting challenge #12 - In summer and CASology Week 100 - Celebrate as its their birthday and I wanted to be a part of this celebration :)
   
Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment :)

Supplies used - Dies: MFT Roughing it, MFT Little Lower case alphabets, CAS-ual Fri Dies Tree(to make those tiny flowers) and sizzix circle die; Inks - Distress Spiced Marmalade, Mustard seed, Mowed Lawn and Tumbled glass, Memento Bamboo leaves; Spectrum Noir markers; Martha Stewart Glue pen

29 comments:

  1. This card has 'Deepti' written all over . :) Very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Dee, this is fantastic!! So so pretty on the white with the soft background! Gorgeous work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful and bright scene, Deepti!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deepti this is such a sweet scene! You always have a wonderful style and great eye for composition. So HAPPY you submitted your card to The Cutting Edge Guest Designer Contest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a fabulous card, Deepti! I love how you inked your sky in the background, and then placed all of your elements...so beautiful! I'm sure it's a 'shoe in' for a Guest DT spot, too! Good luck to you, my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, what a pretty little scene and such gorgeous colors!!
    Thank you for your nice comment on my blog.
    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely scene you've created! Really like the softness of the inking. Thank you so much for linking up at The Cutting Edge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card with clever design, I love this one!! :D x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really beautiful Dee! I love the dies and your placement is, as always, perfect! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely card you created. I'm sure that you will be first on the list to be picked as a GD with this beauty. Thank you so much for playing along at CASology this week and helping us celebrate 100 challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card, I like the scene you created in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this, Deepti!!! Whenever I see your card, I learn something new and inspiring! Your hand drawn birds are perfect and those tree trunks are brilliant! It's been my total pleasure to see your creations in the entry at CASology every week. Thanks so much for playing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely summer scene Deepti!!!! Love the flying birds! Thanks for joining us at Paper Crafting Challenges!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dee this is such an artistic scene you created, gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Clever card and what a fantastic scene!! Thank you so much for playing along at The Cutting Edge Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So awesome, love the beautiful, soft colors, and the serene scene you created here!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful card, Deepti!! Love your pretty scene, a lovely birthday card:)!! Thanks for joining the contest at The Cutting Edge:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is perfect! What a sweet little scene! I love the coloring with just the inking, subtle but so effective!

    ReplyDelete
  19. dear Deepti your card always s lovely and you deserve it to be winner on much challenges..cuase you always has many idea and great design too...

    This Summer card for Paper Crafting challenge is perfect...thank you very much to join the fun with us

    GDT at Paper Crafting Challenge
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great colours and shading - love the vibrant feel of this! So glad you joined us for our celebration at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love how you've colored these trees and that beautiful sun!

    ReplyDelete
  22. AMAZING shading done here!!! WOW! Thank you so much for joining us at The Cutting Edge Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is awesome, Deepti! I love the sweet little scene you created and your gorgeous inked sky! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous card, so clever how you put it all together too. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  25. awesome scene, I'd love to go there right now!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful scene that you've created Deepti! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete